Bust out laughing
Fall 2018 Show Information
Welcome everyone and I hope you had a wonderful summer! It’s year #8 of Laughing Feet and every year we are bigger and better! This years’ show is all about empowerment, standing up for what you believe in, being proud of who you are, celebrating the differences in all of us and just being yourself ! Take a second and read over the information and if you have any questions let me know.
Executive Director - Jenny Mitchell
NEW TO LAUGHING FEET? PERFORMED WITH LAUGHING FEET BEFORE?
This section is for you!
Starting Monday August 27, 2018 you will required to attend EVERY Monday and Tuesday from 6:30pm
Act One will include the entire cast and EVERYONE will perform these songs:
- “This is Me” from the Greatest Showman
- “Here We Go” by Lemonade Mouth
- “One and the Same” by Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato
- “Gotta Be Me” by Teen Beach 2 OR
- “What Do You Think About That” by Montgomery Gentry
- “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor (Just the girls)
- “Take This Job and Shove It” by Johnny Paycheck (Just the boys)
We will have SOLO/DUET/GROUP AUDITIONS for Act One on Saturday September 22nd. You must choose songs and rehearse them on your own. ALL songs MUST be about this years’ theme (see above) No exceptions. You will need to bring in a CD to accompany you that day. Priority will be given to those who audition with karaoke tracks without vocals
We will also be adding MONOLOGUES (paragraphs spoken/acted out by 1 person) to Act One this year in the theme of the show. Executive Director Jenny Mitchell will decide who those performers are based on past experience. There is a box on the enrollment form to check if you are interested.
PERFORMED IN AT LEAST 2 OR MORE LAUGHING FEET PRODUCTIONS?
Read on and see if this is something you might like to do.
Starting Thursday August 30, 2018 you will required to attend EVERY Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30pm and every Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm with a break for lunch. Act Two will be the One Act Musical entitled THE MOST EPIC BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER which has all original music and a wonderfully touching and funny script.
- Only 30 - 40 performers can be in this Act. Executive Director Jenny Mitchell will decide who those performers are based on casting needs, prior behavior at rehearsals/backstage, as well as the order in which enrollment forms are turned in.
The Most Epic Birthday Party Ever Skyler is about to have a birthday, and she’s planned the biggest celebration of the year. But in the middle of the party, something mysterious happens – all the adults suddenly vanish! Trapped in the backyard, the kids realize they must create a brand new society. However when they elect Skyler’s older brother (or Sister), Charlie, as their ruler, things really begin to spin out of control. Eventually the kids learn a big lesson in responsibility, while Skyler and Charlie develop a greater respect for one another.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- You must be at least 10 years old to perform with Laughing Feet. There is no age cap at the top for Special Needs Performers. Typical Performers (unless on Staff) should be no older than 25 years old.
- There is no fee to perform with Laughing Feet. It is 100% free and paid for by sponsors/grants/donations.
- You will get an email confirmation from Laughing Feet 1 week before rehearsal confirming you are in the show.
- All rehearsals will be held at Woodland United Methodist Church at 1100 W. 15th St. North. (Next to Marshall Middle School). * NEW REHEARSAL LOCATION
- We will cast 2 special needs cast members for every 1 typical performer. Waiting lists may occur based on these ratios.
If you have any questions, please contact us.